Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Kahlo and Chihuly in San Francisco






We got together over the weekend with my sister and her family to view the Frida Kahlo Exhibit at the Museum of Modern Art. It was everything I thought it would be. Being of Mexican decent I was familiar with Frida's life and her art years before she became so popular here.

We had lunch at the Thai Cafe on Geary Street - the best. My husband and I ate here all of the time when we were dating, he lived just a couple of blocks away. Little did we know then that we'd someday be eating there with our kids. The restaurant has been there for 28 years and my husband and I met in '82, that means that they had only been open a couple of years when we started dating.

After lunch we headed to the De Young Museum in Golden Gate Park for the Dale Chihuly Exhibit - it was amazing! Eleven galleries filled with beautiful art - brilliant colors, lovely shapes and textures. We finished our outing with a little walk through the Botanical Garden and then headed home. We really should drive into the city more often, it's only a 45 minute drive and brings back so many memories.

4 comments:

La Donna Welter said...

Beautiful, thank you so very much for sharing. What a wonderful day, and what wonderful memories!
Hugs,
La Donna

Anonymous said...

WhAt A GrEAt daY!
thaNks for that postcard :)

~Connie

La Donna Welter said...

Leticia,
Thanks for stopping by, I feel the same about your blog, such a wonderful place to visit! I love your new banner!
Hugs,
La Donna

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Lovely day indeed! Thanks for sharing! Lisa :)